1087 Iron workings listed at East Wall Farm
1100 Ironstone working in the Churnet Valley
1290 Iron mines and five Bloomery Forges already operating
1337 ‘Oak Wall Moor’ was mentioned in a lawsuit, later Oakum Moor then Oakamoor.
1500 Bloomery Furnaces operating at East Wall Farm and Greendale.
1593 Oakamoor’s wooden river bridge carried away by flood.
1683 The Foley family owned forge hammers and a Slitting Mill at Oakamoor.
1710 The present sandstone River Bridge was built
1761 George Kendal became Ironmaster at Oakamoor, starting a Tin Rolling Mill.
1762 Reference to the White Lion at Oakamoor, almost certainly the present Lord Nelson
1778 River Bridge widened to accommodate Turnpike traffic
1778 Present Weir and Sluice Gate probably built
1790 Thomas Patten buys Oakamoor Mills from the Foley family
1792 Patten builds a Brass Wire Mill
1808 Canal opens at Oakamoor
1809 First Steam Engine installed at the works
1832 Holy Trinity Church opened.
1832 Schoolroom opens in the factory for employees children.
1840 Houses in The Square were built for factory workers
1847 Railway opens, over the route of the canal which is backfilled.
1849 Oakamoor Railway Station opens
1851 Patten family closed Oakamoor Mill and paid off the workforce.
1852 Bolton family bought the mill for £ 7750
1856 340 tons of copper wire were produced in the year.
1856 Oakamoor School opens for employees children, situated in the factory.
1866 Oakamoor Cricket Club formed.
1857 60 tons of wire drawn to make first transatlantic Telegraph Cable.
1858 First telegraph message transmitted across the Atlantic Ocean.
1871 The Mills School ( now the Village Hall ) opens.
1876 The Mills Chapel ( now the Oakamoor Free Church ) opens.
1879 Oakamoor Brick Works and Old Lime Kilns listed on Ordnance Survey Map.
1887 The population of Oakamoor was 564
1890 Oakamoor Football Club formed.
1892 The New School opens. This is the present Valley Primary School.
1897 Oakamoor Parish Council formed.
1901 A.S.Bolton died, succeeded by Thomas & Alfred Bolton.
1914 Wire production at a high level for field telephones in WW1.
1918-1940 Boltons a world leading supplier of copper wire for telephones and electricity.
1921 The “Yankee” mill burnt down. Rebuilt and operating again in 1922.
1922 War Memorial erected.
1939-1945 Factory employed on military work for WW2.
1945-1962 Production of copper wire continued at an ever decreasing pace.
1962 Factory closed, production transferred to Froghall.
1963 Railway closed by Dr Beeching.
1963 Copper Works demolished.
1976 Oakamoor Cricket Club reformed by John Davies.